I have received Studio 5-6-7-8 policies and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that Studio 5-6- 7-8 does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holiday, vacation, illness, weather, etc. I further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child’s participation with Studio 5-6-7-8, and I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation. If you register for and take space in a class, you are committed to, and agree to pay for, that class until the end of the session or you drop the class by completing a Class Cancellation Form. If you request to be added to a class, you are registered for the class. More information below regarding Class Cancellation.
Studio 5-6-7-8 Policies 2019-2020
1) All fees, including; costumes, tuition, registration, pictures, dvds, recital fees, and tickets, are non- refundable. Accounts will be charged a Late Fee of $10 for all payments not received by 10thof each month. Any items returned unpaid will incur a $25 service charge. Tuition remains the same for months with holidays or missed lessons. (August is the only exception to this rule because we start mid-month.) Sept. through May you will be charged the same tuition rate whether there are 3,4, or 5 lessons in that month. We do not pro-rate for missed classes, but you are welcome to make-up in another class if one is offered. Please ask a front desk assistant for class times.
2) Registration Fees: Each student will be charged a non-refundable annual registration fee payable upon registration. Annual Registration is $25 individual and $40 per family.
3) Tuition Fees: Tuition fees are listed on our website and also posted at the studio. August tuition is due upon registration. Tuition Fees are billed and due on the 1st calendar day of the month, not your child’s first class. (August being an exception) Tuition bills will not be mailed or emailed to student’s homes. Forms of payment we accept: automatic credit or debit card withdrawal or you may pay in full for the semester. If you enroll online, registration and tuition must be paid at checkout or enrollment will be dropped. You may also pay by check or cash before the first of each month to avoid the credit or debit card on file being charged. Studio 5-6-7-8 reserves the right to have dancers sit out of classes, without make ups, if their account has any outstanding balances until the account is paid in full.
4) Class cancellation: Classes may be cancelled, but we require notice 2 weeks prior to the next billing day. For example: We would require a cancellation form no later than Sept. 16thto cancel your child’s enrollment and autopayment for October. Your child is welcome to attend class during this notice period. If you want to cancel a class, you must complete a Class Cancellation Form, sign it and return it to the front desk during normal business hours. Non-attendance in a class is NOT considered notice that you want to cancel a class. Cancellations will not be accepted over the phone. You will be charged every month and late fees will be applied unless we receive a signed Cancellation Form.
5) Forms of payment we accept: automatic credit or debit card withdrawal or you may pay in full for the semester. If you enroll online, registration and tuition must be paid at checkout or enrollment will be dropped. You may also pay by check or cash before the first of each month to avoid the credit card on file being charged.
6) Make up Policy: Any missed classes may be made up by attending a class of the same level or lower and same age range within the same calendar month. If the dancer misses class in the last week of a calendar month, the dancer may make up the class in the following calendar month. No credits or refunds are given for missed classes. There are no make ups for days/weeks the studio is closed for scheduled holidays.
7) Classroom Rules: Parents, friends, and younger siblings are NOT allowed in classrooms during class; it helps students keep focused without distraction. The studio’s large waiting area can accommodate parents and siblings waiting. Additional classroom rules may be posted in the studio.
8) Shoe and Apparel Requirements: Please check our website for shoe and apparel requirements for each class. These will be updated August 1, 2019 and most items can be purchased at Studio 5-6-7-8.
9) Costumes Fees: Costumes are approximately $55-$80 each. We do our best to stay within the deposit amounts listed below. If there is any overage, we will notify parents before posting any additional charges to their account.
On October 15th the following Costume Deposit charges will be posted to accounts and charged to the credit or debit card on file:
$55 costume deposit per student (1 costume plus 1 pair of tights if needed): Mini Jazz, Mini Hip Hop, Mini Pom/Jazz, Princess Ballerinas, Dance With Me, Mini Jazz and Tumble
$100 Costume deposit per student in Mini Combo (this includes 2 costumes and 1 pair of tights)
$65 Costume deposit per student per class (1 costume plus 1 pair of tights if needed): Pom/Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Contemporary, Jazz/Musical Theatre
$120 Ballet/Tap Combo Class (2 costumes plus 1 pair of tights if needed).
Examples: Mary is in a Ballet/Tap combo class and also a Hip Hop class. Her costume deposit total will be $185 for the 3 costumes. Cindy is in Mini Jazz and Mini Hip Hop. Her total will be $110. **If your child has multiple costumes, a payment plan may be provided. Please see front desk for details. Acro/Tumbling classes, ballet class with Jonathan, and technique classes do not have a costume deposit and do not participate in the annual recital. We will have a parent demonstration at the studio for those classes.
10) If a student chooses not to participate in the annual recital please notify the office in writing prior to Oct. 1st so costumes are not ordered and costume charges are not added to account. If a student has excessive absences before the annual recital, they will not be allowed to perform.
11) A $20 per student recital fee will be charged to your account on January 1st. (You will receive 3 free recital tickets per student with this fee.) This fee is not applicable to students who are not performing in the recital.
12) Recital, Showcase and Picture Dates: In order to shorten our annual June recital and make it a more pleasurable viewing experience, we have decided to have multiple shows this year. Our 21stannual Recital will be Saturday, May 30that the Yukon Fine Arts Auditorium. Mandatory dress rehearsal will be Friday, May 29that the Yukon Fine Arts Auditorium. Company Showcase is scheduled for January 11th. This show will feature Company dancers only and their competition routines. Recital Pictures are scheduled for May 2 & 3. (Schedules for dress rehearsal and pictures will be emailed to all families in April. We also provide recital folders and a parent watch day to review this information.)
13) Pick up/Drop off: Dancers should not be dropped off more than 10 minutes before class and they need to be picked up promptly after class. (This is especially important if they are in the first class or very last class of the day.) If you have an emergency, please call the studio. If no answer, text or call Tracie @ 405-414-4122. Exception: Older students are welcome to quietly do homework or have a snack in the lobby during breaks between classes.
14) Participation in competitive class is by audition or invitation of the instructor.
15) Studio Closings: The studio will be closed November 25-30, December 23-Jan. 4, March 14-20, and May 25. We do not close when schools close for other holidays, professional days, fall break, etc. Tuition remains the same for months with holidays. If the Studio must close for inclement weather, we will email students and post information on the Studio Facebook page.
16) Concerns: If your child has a behavioral issue or special need, please advise the front desk and your child’s teacher. If your child has an injury or illness that a physician has suggested he or she be limited from physical activity, you must provide a doctor’s note to hold a space in a class without billing AND your child must be cleared by the same physician in writing to return to class. If your child has a cast, crutches, brace, etc., your child will not be allowed to participate in class without written clearance from a physician. No refunds or credits will be given for injuries after the child is authorized to return to class.
17) I hereby grant Studio 5-6-7-8, LLC permission to use my child’s likeness in photographs and/or video in any and all of its publications, including Web space, and in any and all other media, whether known or hereafter existing, controlled by Studio 5-6-7- 8, LLC, in perpetuity. I will make no monetary or other claim against Studio 5-6-7-8, LLC for the use of the photographs and/or video.
18) By enrolling online or in person, you are agreeing to these terms. All parents and students are expected to read and comply with all studio policies, procedures, newsletters, and recital requirements. This information will be sent via email and/or posted on our website www.studio5678.net.