I have received Studio 5-6-7-8 policies and will take the responsibility to carefully read and follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that Studio 5-6-7-8 does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holiday, vacation, illness, weather, etc. I further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child’s participation with Studio 5-6-7-8, and I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation. If you register for and take space in a class, you are committed to, and agree to pay for, that class until the end of the session or you drop the class by completing a Class Cancellation Form. If you request to be added to a class, you are registered for the class. More information below regarding Class Cancellation.
Studio 5-6-7-8 Policies 2018-2019
1) Registration, tuition, and costume fees are non-refundable. Tuition remains the same for months with holidays or missed lessons. (August is the only exception to this rule.) Sept. through May you will be charged the same tuition rate whether there are 3,4,or 5 lessons in that month. We do not pro-rate for missed classes, but you are welcome to make- up in another class if one is offered. Please ask a front desk assistant for class times.
2) Classes can be canceled at any time, but classes not canceled before the 1st day of the calendar month (not the first class meeting of the month) will be charged for the full month. If you want to cancel a class, you must complete a Class Cancellation Form, sign it and return it to the front desk during normal business hours before the 1st calendar day of the month. The cancellation will be effective as of the next calendar month. Non- attendance in a class is NOT considered notice that you want to cancel a class. No Cancellations will be taken by phone or email. Cancellations for January 2019 must be received by 8pm December 20, 2018. You will be charged every month and late fees will be applied unless we receive a signed Cancellation Form.
3) Annual Registration is $25 individual and $35 per family. Tuition rates are posted on our website and also in the studio. Ballet classes with Jonathan Batista will have an additional monthly charge. See front desk for details.
4) Tuition Fees are billed and due on the first calendar day of the month. Tuition bills will not be mailed or emailed to student’s homes. Tuition can be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Studio 5-6-7-8 reserves the right to have dancers sit out of classes, without make ups, if their account has any outstanding balances until the account is paid in full.
5) Forms of payment we accept: automatic credit or debit card withdrawal or you may pay in full for the semester. If you enroll online, registration and tuition must be paid at checkout or enrollment will be dropped. You may also pay by check or cash before the first of each month to avoid the credit card on file being charged.
6) All fees (costumes, tuition, registration, pictures, dvds, recital fees, and ticket) are non- refundable. Accounts will be charged a Late Fee of $10 for all payments not received by 5th of each month. Any items returned unpaid will incur a $25 service charge.
7) Make up Policy: Any missed classes may be made up by attending a class of the same level or lower and same age range within the same calendar month. If the dancer misses class in the last week of a calendar month, the dancer may make up the class in the following calendar month. No credits or refunds are given for missed classes. There are no make ups for days/weeks the studio is closed for scheduled holidays.
8) Parents, friends, and younger siblings are NOT allowed in classrooms during class; it helps students keep focused without distraction. The studio’s large waiting area can accommodate parents and siblings waiting.
9) Please check our website for shoe and apparel requirements for each class. These will be updated August 1, 2018 and most items can be purchased at Studio 5-6-7-8.
10) The recital tickets, pictures, and dvds are separate from tuition. Costumes are approximately $50-$80 each. A $60 costume deposit per subject will be charged to your account October 1st. Ballet/tap is 2 costumes, so $120 will be charge to the account Oct 1. Mini combo classes will have a costume deposit fee of $50 per costume, so $100 for both costumes. If costume(s) exceeds the deposit amount, we will charge the balance to your account December 1st. Acro/Tumbling and technique classes do not have a costume deposit and do not participate in the annual recital. We will have a parent demonstration at the studio for those classes.
11) A $20 per student recital fee will be charged to your account on March 1st. (You will receive 3 free recital tickets per student with this fee.) This fee is not applicable to students not performing in the recital. (acro and technique only students)
12) In order to shorten our annual June recital and make it a more pleasurable viewing experience, we have decided to have multiple shows this year. Our 20th annual Recital will be Saturday, June 1st at the Yukon Fine Arts Auditorium. Times T.B.D. Most likely we will have 2 shows on Saturday. Mandatory dress rehearsal will be Friday, May 31st at the Yukon Fine Arts Auditorium. Company Showcase is scheduled for January 19th. This show will feature Company dancers only and their competition routines. Recital Pictures are scheduled for May 4 and 5. (Schedules for dress rehearsal and pictures will be emailed to all families in April. We also provide recital folders and a parent watch day to review this information.)
13) Dancers should not be dropped off more than 10 minutes before class and they need to be picked up promptly after class. (This is especially important if they are in the first class or very last class of the day.) If you have an emergency, please call the studio. If no answer, text Tracie @ 405-414-4122. Exception: Older students are welcome to quietly do homework or have a snack in the lobby during breaks between classes.
14) If a student chooses not to participate in the annual recital please notify the office in writing prior to Nov 1st so costumes are not ordered. If a student has excessive absences before the annual recital, they will not be allowed to perform.
15) Participation in competitive class is by audition or invitation of the instructor.
16) If the Studio must close for inclement weather, we will email students and post information on the Studio Facebook page.
17) The studio will be closed November 19-25, December 22 – Jan. 4, and March 18-24, and May 27. (We do not close when schools close for other holidays, professional days, fall break, etc.) Tuition remains the same for months with holidays.
18) If your child has a behavioral issue or special need, please advise the front desk. If your child has an injury or illness that a physician has suggested he or she be limited from physical activity, you must provide a doctor’s note to hold a space in a class without billing AND your child must be cleared by the same physician in writing to return to class. If your child has a cast, crutches, brace, etc., your child will not be allowed to participate in class without written clearance from a physician. No refunds or credits will be given for injuries after the child is authorized to return to class.
19) I hereby grant Studio 5-6-7-8, LLC permission to use my child’s likeness in photographs and/or video in any and all of its publications, including Web space, and in any and all other media, whether known or hereafter existing, controlled by Studio 5-6-7-8, LLC, in perpetuity. I will make no monetary or other claim against Studio 5-6-7-8, LLC for the use of the photographs and/or video.
20) By enrolling online or in person, you are agreeing to these terms. All parents and students are expected to read and comply with all studio policies, procedures, newsletters, and recital requirements. This information will be sent via email and/or posted on our website www.studio5678.net.